We think this tasty biscuit recipe would be a fantastic addition to any lunchbox and a delightful treat for your kids to discover next to their sarmie.
Apricot, Almond and Cranberry Biscuits
little lunchbox treats
Makes 18 – 20
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g (½ cup firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) golden syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1¼ cup oats
- 1 cup (150g) flour
- 40g chopped almonds
- 100g chopped apricots
- 100g chopped cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the butter, sugar, syrup and water in a pot and heat until the butter has melted.
- Stir in the bicarb and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the oats, flour, apricots, almonds and cranberries and mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
- Place onto baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Flatten slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and on a wire rack.