Our client is looking for a professional Chef de Partie. As the Chef de Partie (CDP) you will be responsible for supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy kitchen environment, making sure that you deliver consistent high quality food, handle purchase orders and ensuring that items arriving without authorization are not received. You will need to ensure the highest standard and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Our client is a bespoke gourmet catering company that caters at their beautiful venue in the Homestead, Plumstead. Our client also caters to various offices, homes in Southern and Northern suburbs, and to wine farms in Paarl, Wellington, and Franschhoek.
Responsibilities and activities include:
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the supervisors to meet the standard and the quality set by the company.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate that daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
- Follow good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establish and maintain effective inter-departmental work relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consult daily with the Sous Chef and Executive Chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to other for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- At least 3 years of experience cooking in a well-established restaurant, hotel, or catering company.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
- Relevant cookery diploma.
- Driver’s license.