A delicious twist to an old favourite – pairing two of our favourite things, cherries and chocolate – to create a delectable treat… Need we say more…
Chocolate Cherry Brownies
With pecan nuts
Makes 12 Large Squares
- 250g butter
- 2 cups (400g) caster sugar
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1½ cups (200g) of plain flour
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 100g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (18) fresh cherries, halved and stoned
Line and grease a baking tin 270mm x 175mm x 30mm.
Melt the butter and add the sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly.
Add the flour, cocoa, vanilla, chocolate, cherries and pecan nuts and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the tin and bake at 160 C for 45 minutes.
Leave to cool, remove from the tin and cut into squares.