For Hump Day, give this classic pudding served with Bulgarian yoghurt a try. It is tantalising on the taste buds and not that hard to prepare.
For the Filling
- 10g butter
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 350g frozen blackberries
- 1 tbsp (15ml) sugar
For the Crumble
- 1 cup (250ml) nutty wheat flour
- ½ cup (125ml) oats
- ¼ cup (60ml) wheat germ
- ¼ cup (60ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- 100g butter
- Bulgarian yoghurt, for serving
Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté pears and blackberries for a few minutes.
- Add sugar and cook until berries have softened and juice starts bubbling. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place nutty wheat, oats, wheat germ, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix lightly until combined.
- Rub in the butter using your fingers, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Place filling and juices into a large baking dish or 4 individual ramekins and top with crumble mix.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until crumble is lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with Bulgarian yoghurt.
Grab a spoon and dig into it while it’s warm. There is nothing like good dessert to see you through the midweek madness.
Image from www.taste.com.au