These cheesy slices are the perfect addition to a summer picnic and are our fresh take on the modest ham & cheese sandwich.
Ham & Mozzarella Slices
perfect for summer picnics
Makes 12 slices
- 2 x 400g rolls of puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (100g) mozzarella, grated
- 80g marinated sundried tomatoes, drained and halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 120g smoked ham, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
- finely grated parmesan and basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Roll out the pastry sheets until 5mm thick and spread each half with the mustard.
- Sprinkle half the sheet with the mozzarella, leaving a 1cm border around the edges.
- Top with the sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, ham and season with pepper.
- Brush the edges with olive oil, top with the remaining pastry sheet and press the edges down to seal.
- Place on baking trays lined with baking paper, cut slits in the top of the pastry and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil leaves to serve.