“No, no. I don’t want breakfast in bed.” ~ Said no one ever.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner so here’s another great recipe to add to your ‘spoil-my-valentine’ collection.
Heart Shaped French Toast
- 4 croissants, halved (or 4 slices white bread)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) cream
- 15g butter
- 3 tbsp (45ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- Fresh berries to serve
- Whisk together the eggs and cream until just blended.
- Dip the halved croissants into the egg mixture so that it is thoroughly coated.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little butter and gently fry the egg-dipped croissants until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on a wooden board.
- Place sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and mix together.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many hearts from the fried croissants as you can.
- Place 2 or three hearts onto a plate and dust lightly with the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately with love and fresh seasonal berries.