Bircher muesli is a delicious, refreshing alternative to porridge, wonderfully filling and packed with goodness to sustain you well into lunchtime.
Mixed Berry Bircher Muesli
A great way to start your day
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) oats
- 1 cup (250ml) apple juice
- ½ cup (125ml) Bulgarian yoghurt
- ¼ cup (60ml) mixed seeds, toasted
- 50g almonds, toasted and chopped
- 50g pistachio nuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) mixed frozen berries, just defrosted
- Place oats into a bowl and pour over apple juice. Leave to soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Stir in Bulgarian yoghurt, mixed seeds, toasted almonds, pistachio nuts and frozen berries.
- Serve spoonfuls of Bircher muesli into individual serving bowls and top each with a teaspoon of extra yoghurt and a few frozen berries.
Notes: You can easily customize the recipe with your favourite fruit or nuts and change things up with poached seasonal fruit.