This is a quick and simple dish, and a fun recipe to make with the kids this Monday Made Easy on Youth Day. Something the whole family will enjoy.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. (7 ½ ml) dried thyme or oregano
- 1 can (400 g) whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 can (410 g) crushed tomatoes
- 900 g frozen or fresh ravioli
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- In a large pan heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for a further minute.
- Add the thyme and tin tomatoes, bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, until the sauce reduces.
- In the meantime cook the ravioli in a pot of salted boiling water, when the ravioli float remove from the water. Remember the pasta will continue to cook in the oven. Drain pasta and mix into the tomato sauce.
- Pour pasta and sauce into a large oven proof dish. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake until golden brown. Will take about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving