Here is a quick and easy Monday recipe, that pairs well with a dry rosé wine. Light dry rosé such as De Grendel Rosé, Hill & Dale Rosé Merlot and Warwick Pink Lady Rosé pair well with seafood, grilled fish and goat’s cheese.
Chilli Prawn Linguine
- 280 g linguine pasta
- 200 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red chilli’s, seeded and finely chopped
- 24 raw prawns, peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Add the sugar snap peas for the last minute or so of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan, sautee the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute.
- Put the prawns into the pan and cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes or until they turn pink.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 3 minutes until the tomatoes just start to soften.
- Add lemon juice to prawn mixture in the pan.
- Drain the pasta and sugar snaps, then toss into the prawn mixture. Tear in the basil leaves, stir, add the chopped coriander and season.
Note: Here’s a great link ‘The only 8 things you need to know about rosé wine’