This Monday Made Easy pea, mint and spring onion soup is on the Spring bandwagon, hop on.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 15ml olive oil
- 15g butter
- 100g spring onions sliced diagonally
- 1 potato cut into small cubes
- 1L vegetable stock (hot)
- 900g fresh peas
- 50g mint leaves roughly turn
- 90g Parmesan finely grated
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy based saucepan. Add the spring onions and potato to the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes taking care not to brown the potatoes or the spring onions.
- Once the spring onion is soft add the hot vegetable stock and the peas to the saucepan and cook for a further 10 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the mint leaves and blend until it’s a smooth consistency.
- For the tuiles heat the oven grill to high. Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Arrange the Parmesan in 6 long strips and cook until the cheese has melted and gone a golden brown colour. Place the parchment paper on a wire rack and allow to cool.
- To serve heat the soup and place the tuile on top with some torn mint leaves and sliced spring onions.