Springbok meat is loaded with healthy protein and full of flavour. Try this salad as an alternative way to use this versatile and lean meat.
- 100g pack of springbok carpaccio (you can use beef carpaccio if you cannot find springbok)
- 1 pillow pack of cos lettuce – washed and broken into bite size pieces
- 50g Parmesan cheese – shaved
- 4 courgette – sliced into ribbons
- 20 calamata olives – pitted
- Wild rocket for garnish
For the Dressing:
- 3 tsp (15ml) Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp (5ml) sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 glugs of olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small jar and shake well until all combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Place the cos lettuce leaves in a bowl and dress with the dressing, coating each leaf.
- Grill the courgette on a hot grill and season. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad by placing the leaves on the platter, then build up with the grilled courgette, shaved Parmesan, toasted pine nuts and calamata olives.
- Lastly, fold the sliced beef carpaccio onto the top of the salad.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish with wild rocket.
So much flavour in one meal. Your Monday and tastebuds are asking for this. Trust us, this easy dish is the right way to begin the week.
Remember to keep reading our blog—we will bring you nothing but the healthiest, tastiest and easiest recipes for your Monday evenings.