What’s there not to love about oysters and champagne. With the champagne bubbles that provide the magic, and the smooth velvety texture of the oysters that produce the perfect textural contrast. Happy Saturday. Fresh Oysters topped with a sparkling wine apple salsa
Serves 2 Ingredients
- ¼ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup diced green apple
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup dry sparkling wine
- 1 tsp (5ml) ponzu soy sauce dressing
- 1 tsp (5ml) rice vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 12 oysters, shucked
- Mix the cucumber, apple and spring onions together and add the sparkling wine, ponzu sauce, rice vinegar and sugar.
- Place the open oysters on a bed of crushed iced and spoon the apple salsa over the oysters.
- Serve immediately with a glass of bubbly.
P.S Ponzu is available at most good supermarkets nowadays!