What is better on a cold winter’s night than some delicious curry? Few things, really. Today we will show you how to make curry without worrying about burning the house down.
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15ml) ground coriander
- 2 tsp (10ml) turmeric
- Pinch of dried chillies (optional)
- 1 tin tomato
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 600g skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 10g fresh coriander
- steamed basmati rice to serve
- bulgarian yoghurt for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot and sauté onions, garlic and ginger for a few minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Add spices and cook for a few more minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and chicken stock and allow to cook until sauce has reduced by half.
- Add chicken thighs and simmer gently for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice and Bulgarian yoghurt.
Come now, that was not so bad, was it? We hope you enjoyed your curry. If you know any other really good curry recipes be sure to share them with us.