“No, I don’t want a muffin,” said no one ever. If you happen to be gluten intolerant this recipe is just the thing to make your Wednesday a day to look forward to.
- 2 cups (500ml) Pouyoukas soya flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup (125ml) soya milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place soya flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar into a bowl and mix lightly to combine.
- In a separate bowl, place mashed bananas, soya milk, oil and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and add toasted almonds and grated apples.
- Place 12 paper cases into a muffin tray and fill with the muffin mix.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Have a happy hump day!