With winter nearly over and spring looming in the air, curl up some beetroot, carrot and courgette with the Kitchen Craft spiralizer! Together with delicious cumin vinaigrette, this spring-inspired, colourful zoodle dish is sure to impress!
Beetroot, carrot and courgette Spiral salad with cumin vinaigrette.
Yield: 6 portions
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 5 min
2 beetroots, peeled
3 carrots, peeled
20g sunflower seeds, toasted
30g pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
50ml white wine vinegar
150ml olive oil
pinch of salt
Fresh coriander to garnish
· In a medium saucepan, sweat the onion, garlic and cumin in a tablespoon of the oil over a low heat.
· When the onion is soft and cumin fragrant remove from the heat and allow cooling.
· While that is cooling, start making your spirals.
· Top and tail, the vegetables ensuring that it’s straight on both sides.
· Using the spiraliser, make spirals out of each vegetable, keeping the colours separate.
· For the vinaigrette, add the onion base, mustard, honey and salt to a bowl and slowly whisk while pouring in the oil.
· Layer the spirals n a big platter or in a bowl, sprinkle with the seeds and drizzle the vinaigrette over.
· Garnish with fresh coriander.