- 8 x 220g bone-in chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass (white part only)
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) fish sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Steamed rice and gai lan (Chinese broccoli), to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the chicken, lemongrass, chilli flakes, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken in a roasting dish lined with non-stick baking paper and roast, turning occasionally, for 20–25 minutes or until golden, sticky and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with rice and gai lan and pour over any remaining pan juices. Serves 4.
You can also use Bok choi or tenderstem broccoli instead of the gai lan. Whatever you use, you can be assured of having a tasty meal to start the week.
Happy Monday, folks.