We all know Mondays are busy days. With so many people having less and less time to prepare quick, healthy meals it seems apt to have a section on our blog dedicated to the city slickers; suits and ties; high heels and pencil skirts who want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time nom-nomming their way through delicious food.
Let us know what you think of this new recipe that Gary loves and what you had for your first Monday of the month.
Thai Poached Line Fish with Asian Vegetables
- 4 Tbsp (60ml) green curry paste
- 1 x 410ml can coconut cream
- 1 tsp (5ml) fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 600g fresh white line fish such as hake or kingklip, cubed
- 1-packet 2 min noodles, broken & roasted
- 100g mange tout, thinly sliced
- 50g radish, thinly sliced
- 50g spring onion, sliced at an angle
- 10g coriander, washed
- 50g cashew nuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 4 tsp (20ml) black and white sesame seeds, roasted
- Place the green curry paste in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the curry paste for 2-3min before adding the coconut cream and simmer.
- Season the coconut cream mixture with fish sauce and lime juice. Add the cubed line fish and mange tout and poach for 3-4min until just cooked through.
- Spoon some of the poached kingklip into a small white Thai bowl. Top with sliced radish, spring onion and coriander.
- Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds, chopped cashew nuts and roasted noodles