The nights are getting colder, but just because it’s chilly outside it does not mean you cannot be warm and toasty indoors. That is why we fully recommend this Sausage and Bean Cassoulet. It is rich in flavour and brimming with warmth. So get your appetites and spoons ready, dinner is served.
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 500g beef or pork chipolata sausages
- 100g bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp (2.5ml) dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp (10ml) paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) tomato paste
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the sausages and cook until well browned.
- Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, chilli and paprika and cook until soft and lightly golden.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, stock and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil and add the sausages.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with mashed potato or crusty bread.
Warm, tasty, and just the right thing to make your belly feel warm and loved. This recipe is great for sharing with the family. Trust us when we say that there will be no leftovers after you make this meal.