It’s hot and you’re hungry, but what serves as a good breakfast or lunch in summer that is hassle-free and fresh? Possibly something you can enjoy by the pool, on-the-go or on your way down to the beach?
Our Summer Green Smoothie is the perfect, healthy option for a morning pick-me-up. Our fresh Summer Green Smoothie is definitely worth a try and if you love it, we can always add it to your next breakfast event menu. We serve this smoothie at the Inner City Ideas Cartel II – give it a go with your next visit.
We also found 5 delicious, summer ready smoothies that you should definitely try at home this season. These colourful, foolproof smoothie recipes are packed with good-for-you ingredients.
Let us know what you think!
Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
This smoothie is the perfect breakfast on-the-go. These ingredients will keep you full until lunch time.
- 1 large peeled banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Power Shake
This wake-up-and-go recipe is perfect for mothers on the move and busy go-getters. This shake is bursting with nutrients.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 large frozen banana
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweetened cocoa mix
- 2 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- Optional: give the shake a power boost by simply adding a shot of espresso or strongly brewed coffee, or if you prefer tea then a strongly brewed shot of chai tea.
Watermelon is great for hydration because of its high water content, making this smoothie perfect for a hot summer’s day by the poolside.
- 2 1/4 cup frozen watermelon cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut water or water
- 1-2 tbsp grade B maple syrup
- 1 large lemon or 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 fresh banana
Virgin Lychee and Peach Daiquiri
This smoothie will leave you feeling like you are sitting on the beach on a tropical island.
- 1 2/3 cups Guava tropical juice (or your favourite tropical juice blend)
- 5 whole lychees
- 2 tbsp canned lychee juice/liquid
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 lemon or lime, squeezed
- 1 cup ice cubes
Blueberry Coconut Water Frosty
These antioxidant superheros pair perfectly with coconut water.
- 325ml chilled coconut water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Optional: Add 1/2 a frozen banana for a creamier smoothie