Make these fantastic mini frittatas the night before to include in your kids lunchbox for an exciting, tasty surprise instead of the usual egg mayo sarmie, or whip up for a breakfast-on-the-go.
Mini Bacon, Egg and Tomato Frittatas
- 8 slices streaky bacon roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30ml) milk
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved and gently squeezed to remove all pips
- ¼ cup (45g) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Grease 8 holes of a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and sauté the bacon until just starting to crisp.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and milk together.
- Divide the egg mixture, tomatoes and bacon equally between the 8 muffin holes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown
- Leave to cool slightly then remove from the tin.
Image from www.tablespoon.com