This is Grant’s go-to recipe for a packed-with-flavour Chicken Stir-fry that he serves paired with an Elderflower Collins cocktail.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total cooking time: 25 minutes
- 30ml olive oil
- 80ml sesame seed oil
- 1.2kg chicken breasts
- 300g broccoli cut into florets
- 250g shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 courgettes cut into slices
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15g ginger, chopped
- 100g water chestnut
- 250ml chicken stock
- 150ml hoisin sauce
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml cornstarch
- 600g rice noodles
- In a large frying pan heat oils over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, pepper onion, garlic, ginger and courgettes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts and continue to cook.
- In a small bowl combine chicken stock, hoisin sauce, soy sauce some sliced ginger and cornstarch and stir well.
- Add this mixture to the chicken mixture in the saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice noodles and a Elderflower Collins cocktail
Elderflower Collins Cocktail:
- Highball glass
- 50ml Gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 25ml Elderflower Cordial
- Fill with soda water
- Fill shaker with ice cubes
- Add gin, lemon, elderflower cordial shake well
- Strain into chilled glass over crushed ice
- Garnish with lemon zest and mint.