We promise you that this recipe will have your taste buds jumping for joy. Croissant our hearts and hope to die!
Chocolate Croissant and Butter Pudding
with Toasted Almonds
- 4 croissants
- 100g butter
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g flaked almonds
For the Custard
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Slice croissants in half and butter each slice.
- Layer croissant slices in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle each layer with chopped chocolate.
- Place custard ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour custard over croissants, sprinkle with almonds and bake in oven for 35-40 minutes or until just set and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve warm with custard or softly whipped cream.
This recipe is also delicious if you substitute croissants for hot cross buns! Now that is true Easter magic.