Winter is fast approaching and with school holidays coming up, it’s the perfect time to start getting your kids enjoying part of the fun in the kitchen. Try these Cheesy Roll – Ups to accompany any soup. Kids Recipe Cheesy Roll – Ups Ingredients: 200g self – raising flour, plus extra for dusting 50g softened butter, room temperature 1 tsp paprika 100 – 125 ml milk 50g cheddar cheese, grated Method:
- Heat oven to 220C.
- Place the flour and butter in a bowl and rub together using fingers. Rubbing in mixture with cold butter is tiring on young fingers hence the softened butter.
- Add paprika and mix again.
- Add milk and mix with a fork until you get a soft dough. Add a splash more milk if the dough is dry. This process will teach your child how to feel dough and decide if it needs more liquid.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 0,5cm thickness. Try to keep a rectangular shape.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top, then roll up like a sausage along the long side. Cut into 12 thick rings using a knife.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place the roll – ups on the greaseproof, cut side down, almost touching each other making sure that you can see the spiral. Place in the oven carefully and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.