Cranberries and pistachios add gorgeous Christmas colour to this traditional stuffing recipe. Christmas in July: Cranberry and Pistachio Nut Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper to taste
- 30 g Dijon mustard
- 5 garlic cloves, minced and sweated
- 90 g chicken livers, cleaned and seared
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 340 g chicken mince
- 170 g lean pork mince
- 170 g streaky bacon, chopped
- 60 g white bread, crusts removed
- 60 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 2 – 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 170 g ham, medium dice
- 115 g whole peeled pistachio nuts
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 340 g streaky bacon [for lining mould]
- Combine the brandy and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and infuse until cool. Strain.
- Add the strained brandy, the sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, the sweated garlic, seared chicken livers and sugar to the cubed meat and chopped streaky bacon.
- Soak the bread in the milk and then squeeze out the excess. Add the medium-ground meat and egg to the soaked white bread and mix well.
- Combine all ingredients (except the bacon for lining the mould) by hand over an ice bath, fry off a piece for to test seasoning.
- Line a terrine mould with sliced bacon, fill terrine, bake in a water bath to an internal temperature of 65°C.
- Allow to cool to and press in the fridge.