This dish is uber healthy, totally delicious and very easy to make. After New Year’s most people are doing their best to stay on the clean eating track and this omelette is one meal that ticks that box. It is high in protein, low in carbs and almost fat-free…it’s one of the best things you could start your day with.
Egg White Omelette
A healthy alternative
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- ½ onion, finely sliced
- 50g baby spinach, washed
- 50g rosa tomatoes, halved
- 50g feta cheese
- 3 egg whites
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and sauté onions until lightly golden brown.
- Add spinach and tomatoes and fry until spinach leaves have wilted and tomatoes have softened slightly.
- Remove from heat, add feta cheese and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place egg whites into a clean glass bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Heat a clean frying pan with another tbsp of oil (as an alternative you may use Spray & Cook)and add egg whites.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until nearly set.
- Place spinach filling over half of the omelette and carefully fold over the other half to enclose the filling.
- Tip out onto a plate and serve immediately.