This is a fantastic salad for a Spring evening meal. Fresh herbs, mixed leaves, baby potatoes topped with flaked salmon and a zesty chilli and lemon dressing. Absolutely delicious.
Serves 6 people Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients
- 500g baby potatoes halved
- 200g asparagus tips
- 1 pack courgettes, ends cut off, washed and sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 250g mixed salad leaves (watercress, rocket baby leaves)
- 50g parsley chopped
- 25g mint roughly torn
- 140g radishes, thinly sliced
- 500g salmon skin removed
- 4 spring onions diagonally sliced
- 50ml lemon juice
- 125ml olive oil
- 10ml whole grain mustard
- 2 red chilies sliced thinly without seeds
- 100g mix sunflower & pumpkin seeds, toasted
Method Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Marinate the courgette ribbons in some of the lemon, olive oil and black pepper, set aside.
- Boil asparagus tips for 2 minutes and then refresh in iced water – this ensures that the colour remains bright.
- Allow the potatoes to cool and then toss together with asparagus, salad leaves, herbs and radishes.
- For the dressing combine, 50ml of lemon juice, 125ml olive oil 10ml whole grain mustard and chili – whisk well and adjust for seasoning.
- Place the salmon into a hot frying pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly coloured
- Place the salmon into the oven and cook for 8 minutes or until done – remember to top with a few knobs of butter.
- Cool the salmon and flake roughly.
- Toss the salmon with the rest of the salad ingredients and add the dressing.