TV shows like Junior Masterchef have demonstrated how much kids love cooking, as well as encouraging children, who have never ventured past the kitchen counter, to get involved too.
Below is a recipe for a fun fruit salad using cookie cutters to make interesting, funky shapes. Get your children involved in making this funky salad as a great breakfast, or a healthy snack or an after dinner dessert – just top with ice-cream. Yum for the whole family 🙂
Funky Fruit Salad
full of sweet fruity shapes
Tip: Get your kids to cut out different shapes with cookie cutters. They’ll love their funky fruit salad!
Makes 2 cups
- ½ paw paw
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 2 slices of watermelon
- ½ pineapple
- 1 red apple
- 8 strawberries, halved
- juice of one orange
- Wash the apple and strawberries and peel the remaining fruit.
- Slice all the fruit except the halved strawberries.
- Cut shapes out of the large slices. (see the Tip above)
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and add the cutout shapes.
- Drizzle with orange juice and mix together, then refrigerate until required.