Home made foccacia There is no better accomplishment than being able to make your own bread. Next time you host a dinner party, try it. You would be surprised but how easy it is. Just follow the basic steps in the recipe below Make 2 loaves 750 g Snowflake cake flour 10 g dry yeast 10 ml sugar 12 ml salt 60 ml olive oil 250ml – 300ml warm water Extra olive oil Sprigs of rosemary Method:
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add olive oil and most of the water. Knead together to form a soft dough. Add a little extra water if necessary. Knead well until a smooth, soft dough has formed. When the dough is ready, it should stretch without breaking.
- Place into a oiled glass boil and cover with a damp cloth. Place in a warm area and allow to prove until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, knock back the dough using your hands.
- Place dough onto a well oil oven tray. Using your hands, press the dough out until 2cm thick. Drizzle well with olive oil and sprinkle rosemary sprigs and maldon salt.
- Place in a hot oven at 200C and bake for 10 minutes until baked through and golden brown.