It’s that time of year again, and school holiday are once again upon us. Enjoy your time with your children by teaching them this simple but incredibly tasty snack. Chocolate Banana Split on the Braai Ingredients: 1 banana, skin on 50g chocolate of your choice, chopped roughly 3 marshmallows 5ml brown sugar 2ml cinnamon, ground Method Prepare a direct fire to a medium heat (or for a rainy day option turn the oven to 180C)
- Using a knife, gently halve the banana lengthways but not all the way through.
- Place the roughly chopped chocolate in the halved banana along with the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the banana with brown sugar and cinnamon and wrap tightly in tin foil.
- Place banana directly onto the coals (or oven) for 7 minutes until the chocolate has melted and the banana is soft.
- Carefully unwrap and serve immediately.
- Get the children involved, but keep a careful eye on them when removing the hot bananas from the fire or oven as they are extremely hot, and make sure you have enough for seconds!