Try this drool-licious Meat Free Monday stir-fry which is quick & easy to prepare, and also a fantastically healthy dinner to help you not break your New Year’s resolution to eat healthier. You’re welcome 🙂
Tofu, tat soi and shimeji mushroom stir-fry
Delicious served with steamed rice
- 3 tbsp (45ml) sunflower oil
- 400g tofu, drained and patted dry with absorbent paper
- 60g shimeji mushrooms, cleaned
- ¼ cup (60ml) ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp (45ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45ml) sweet chilli sauce
- squeeze of lemon
- 200g tat soi, washed
- 15g coriander, chopped
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Cube tofu into bite size portions and set aside.
- Heat sunflower oil in a non-stick pan until hot and gently shallow fry tofu until golden brown and crispy.
- Add mushrooms and ginger and stir-fry for further 5 minutes.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and a squeeze of lemon.
- Toss in tat soi and remove pan from heat allowing the leaves to wilt. Check seasoning.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice and fresh coriander.