This recipe makes a hearty bread with a crunchy, buttery crust. So simple yet tasty, and a favourite to serve warm with a bowl of wintery soup. There are many variations on this bread, so why not try adding some chopped nuts, cubes of cheddar cheese or simply some herbs or spices.
- 3 cups self raising flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sugar 330ml can beer
- ¼ melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan using a little bit of butter.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and beer and pour into the loaf tin. (optional: Add chopped nuts or cubes of cheddar cheese or herbs or spices.)
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture and then pop it into the oven. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes.
Serve with a bowl of delicious soup like this winter-warmer Roast Cauliflower soup.