A warm and comforting pasta dinner recipe, great for the busy mom! Cheesy Leek and Bacon Pasta Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g leeks, halved and finely sliced
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon, sliced
- 400g pasta shapes (we used penne)
- 100g herb & garlic soft cheese (we used Chevin)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the leeks and 2 tbsp water, and cook for about 10 mins until very soft.
- Add the bacon, turn up the heat and fry until cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following packet instructions. Drain and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Spoon cheese into the leek and bacon mix, adding some of the reserved cooking water.
- Season and stir gently over a low heat until melted.
- Toss through the cooked pasta, adding a little more cooking water, if needed, to help the sauce coat the pasta.