A quick and easy evening dinner, quesadillas are a Mexican dish made from tortillas filled with meat, cheese and veg and folded into a half-moon shape.
The wonderful thing about quesadillas is that you can use any leftovers that you have in your fridge as filling.
Here we have this fun and tasty recipe from South African blogger Alida Ryder’s blog Simply Delicious. This is a recipe the whole family will love!
Makes 2 quesidillas
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- sliced chillies
- for the guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place a large frying pan/griddle pan over high heat and allow to heat up.
- Place one of the tortilla wraps in the pan and top with half of the cheeses, chicken and chillies.
- Place another tortilla on top and allow the cheese to melt and the bottom wrap to get crispy and golden brown before carefully flipping the quesidilla over. Allow to cook on the other side.
- Remove the cooked quesidilla from the pan and allow to cool slightly before slicing into wedges.
- Continue the process with the rest of the ingredients.
- To make the guacamole, simply combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve the quesidillas with the guacamole.