Kirsty’s man has found a new love for making pasta and is kneading, rolling, and cutting pasta whenever he can! Kirsty is still in charge of the sauces though, and because she has so little to do in the kitchen now thanks to her pasta making machine, she has time to make each of them their own deliciously, different pasta sauce.
Today’s Monday Made Easy recipe is the quickest tomato sauce ever. This is a great base for any pasta sauce and Kirsty’s secret to creating two diverse dishes in no time at all:
- A couple of glugs of good olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tins Italian whole peeled tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Salt & black pepper
- All you do is sweat the onion and garlic in a heavy based pot.
- Add the two tins of tomato and a sprig of basil and cook for 5 minutes, then either blend roughly or squeeze through a coarse sieve, pop back into the pot and reduce for 10 minutes. Season.
- Add loads of fresh basil and grated parmesan and serve over just cooked fresh pasta.
As easy as 1, 2, 3!