If you love seafood, you’ve come to the right place. For the month of May, our chef, Luke Wonnacott, has put together a beautiful recipe of Octopus Carpaccio. Try this delicious, fresh, Italian inspired dish at a dinner party and be sure to impress your guests. (This recipe serves 8)
1 kg octopus
50 ml good quality olive oil
20 g chives, finely sliced
50 g fennel stalk, finely sliced
50 g celery stalk, finely sliced
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1. Cut the octopus tentacles into 10 cm strips. Keep the thick pieces for the carpaccio and reserve the end pieces and the head for another dish.
2. Place the octopus into vacuum bags and seal completely.
3. Place a water bath in a preheated 100°C oven and place the vacuum bag of octopus in the water. Leave to simmer in the water bath for 3-4 hours. Longer if necessary, you need to check as each piece is different.
4. Once cooked, remove from the bag and with 3 pieces stacked together, roll tightly in clingfilm. Allow to set in the fridge over night, or if using a meat slicer place in the freezer.
1. Thinly slice the octopus and arrange on individual plates or a platter. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Season with sea salt, black pepper, lemon zest a few drops of lemon juice. Arrange the herbs, celery and mayonnaise onto the plate. Serve.