Mid week entertaining needn’t be stressful. Impress your guests with this delicious Thai meal paired with a Bolan cocktail, which is designed to enhance the fragrant flavours from the East. Pad Thai Serves 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 125g rice noodles
- 45ml lime juice
- 2.5ml cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 30ml lime juice
- 5ml vegetable oil
- 200g cooked and clean tiger prawns (tails left on)
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 140g bean sprouts
- 25g salted peanuts finely chopped
- 5g coriander leaves
- 3 limes
- Put noodles in a large heatproof bowl, pour boiling water over them and leave for 4 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Put the lime juice, cayenne pepper, sugar and fish sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- In a large frying pan/wok heat the oil. Toss in the prawns and cook until they have changed colour and warmed through.
- Add the spring onions and the noodles and toss thoroughly.
- Tip in the lime juice mixture, then stir in the bean sprouts and half the peanuts and coriander.
- Cook for 1 minute until everything is heated through.
- 2 slices orange
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 3 shots of your favourite whisky
- 1 lychee from a can
Method: Muddle orange slices, bitters, and palm sugar in an old fashioned glass. Fill with ice and add whiskey. Garnish with lychee.