Winter has arrived and with it comes hearty, comfort foods like this tasty-licious braised pork cheek with carrot puree, silky mashed potato, spring vegetables and pickled baby onion recipe. Try this delicious, winter inspired dish at a dinner party and be sure to impress your guests… or if you don’t feel like cooking, give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can cater this mouth-watering meal for you.
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 3h 30 min
2 kg pork cheeks
1 L red wine
5 ml Himalayan pink salt
3 onions, chunks
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 sticks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
5 sprigs thyme
5 sprigs rosemary
3 L chicken stock
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 150”C.
2. Clean the cheeks by removing all visible fat and sinew.
3. Season with the Himalayan pink salt and cover with red wine. Leave to marinade for a minimum of 4hours.
4. Drain the wine from the cheeks and reduce by a 1/3 to cook out the alcohol.
5. In a pan, colour the onions, carrots and celery until golden.
6. Add the flavourings and reduce red wine mixture and set aside.
7. Colour the cheeks until nice and brown and add to the rest of the ingredients.
8. Add the chicken stock and cover with a lid or aluminium tinfoil.
9. Braise in the oven for 2-3hours or until the cheeks are tender.
10. Leave the cheeks to cool in liquid before removing.
11. Strain the liquid and reduce over a high heat until thick and glossy.
12. Cut the cheeks into desired sized blocks and reheat in the reduced braising liquid.
On the plate:
Braised pork cheeks with carrot puree, silky mashed potato, spring vegetables and pickled baby onion.
– if you need help making any of the above, just give us a shout for the full recipe!