Want to know how to make the perfect scrambled eggs? Then scramble for a piece of paper and a pen and take down this easy recipe.
Serves 4 Ingredients
- 50g butter
- 10 eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- 1 truffle, finely shaved
- 1 ciabatta, sliced and toasted
- 1 tbsp (15ml) chives, finely chopped
- Crack eggs into glass bowl, add cream and whisk together.
- Heat a frying pan with the butter, add eggs and cook stirring over low heat until eggs are just set.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and stir in half the truffle shavings.
- Place 1 slice of toasted ciabatta onto a serving plate and top with scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle with left over truffle and chopped chives and serve immediately.
In South Africa, most of the truffles that we get are imported. However, there are a few truffle growers who have started to sell their own. Have a look at Woodford Truffles and Kalahari Truffles to find some of the home-grown goodness. If you aren’t able to find fresh truffles, you can use truffle oil as a substitute. Johannesburg: Truffles of Africa Cape Town: Sagra Food & Wine Merchants As featured on Food24.