This delicious recipe comes from one of South Africa’s best-loved chefs, Sarah Graham. Her new cookbook, Bitten, is now available in stores (Exclusive Books, Woolworths and Kalahari) so if you want more recipes like this, go and pick up a copy. Thai Red Curried Prawns All the flavours of a beautifully fragrant Thai red curry, in under 15 minutes, in one pot.
Serves 2 Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes What you’ll need:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 250 g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 200 g rice noodles, precooked
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into slivers
- ½ cup sugar snap peas, halved lengthways, or frozen green peas
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- handful fresh basil or coriander, roughly chopped
What to do:
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat and cook the red curry paste for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and fish sauce and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the cooked noodles, red pepper and peas. Put on the lid and leave to cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Spoon into warmed bowls and top with the fresh basil or coriander before serving.